Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Get Website Updates
Community Search
History
Share |

The Massachusetts Association of Nurse Anesthetists had its organizational meeting on May 22, 1940, at the Massachusetts General Hospital in the "Ether Dome" with 27 members present.

At the September 15, 1940, meeting it was announced that the Massachusetts Association of Nurse Anesthetists was accepted as an affiliate of the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists as of July ,1940. At the end of 1940, the total membership stood at; 57 active members, 3 associate members, 4 applications pending, and 9 members dropped for non-payment of dues.

Throughout the war years, the meetings were changed from four per year, to two per year. The association purchased a $50.00 war bond. There were six members in the armed services, each received a gift in 1942 from the association.

In 1944 the association hired its first lobbyist, Mr. Ingalls, Atty., to "watch the Bills in the Legislature" for $50.00 per year. He remained in that capacity until 1947, when Mr. G. Joseph Tauro, Atty. assumed the task of "watching the Bills in the Legislature" also for $50.00.

Each of the early annual meetings consisted of voting in the new officers and board of directors, discussing the challenges of the day, having a practitioner present an educational topic, and ending with refreshments or dinner.

Today, our membership is in excess of 780 Nurse Anesthetists, working in hospitals
, surgi-centers and offices, providing quality anesthesia and compassion to our patients.

 CRNAs in the 1920s

more Calendar

1/20/2018
MANA Celebrates National CRNA Week

Massachusetts Association of Nurse Anesthetists, Inc.

4 Lan Drive

Westford, MA 01886

Phone: 978 250-9847 | Fax: 978 250-1117

Membership Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal